Building Management Systems Or BMS refers to computer based control systems that are installed in buildings to monitor electrical and mechanical equipments such as lighting, power systems, fire system, ventilation and security systems. BMS are most commonly implemented in large projects with Huge mechanical and electrical systems,and also in HVAC and plumbing systems. BMS linked systems typically represent 40% of a building’s energy usage except lighting and if the lighting is also included, this number would reach 70%.This system manages critical energy demand. BMS are also linked to closed circuit television (CCTV) and in allowing access to access controlled doors.
According to Research of an analyst, BEMS is defined as an IT-based monitoring and control systems that connect the existing energy-related data streams of a building’s infrastructure such as heating, ventilation, air conditioning and lighting systems, and provide visualization plus analysis of that data to enable better energy-related decision-making. Since everything is digitalized in this era and getting your energy stats in digital manner would help you understand easily the flow of electricity in our commercial and residential use.
Let us discuss the benefits of BEMS in all the sectors:
- Central control of the building and monitoring it.
- Higher rental value
- Individual tenant billing for managing services facility.
- Flexibility to change of building use.
- Increased level of time saving.
- Highly comfortable.
- Remote Monitoring of the Fire pump plants, Grey water treatment Plant, plumbing pumps plants and Electrical supply plant.
- Increased staff productivity.
- Save time, energy and money during the maintenance.
- Good control of comfort conditions in interior.
- The possibility of controlling individual room.
- Beneficial response to Heating, Ventilation and Air-conditioning related complaints.
- Effective monitoring of energy consumption and targeting it.
- Improved plant reliability and life.
- Information is available easily.
- Scheduling and maintenance is Computerized.
- Maintenance staff is effective.
- Problems are detected in the early stages.
- People who do their occupations are satisfied with BEMS.
BEMS or Building energy management systems have created an innovation in the recent pasts and are considered to be the future of electrical maintenance. Many electricians like Electrician Marrickville depicts that this system would help people around the globe understand the actual meaning of electricity saving and would be a part of every house.
Author-Bio: Am Uzma Sultana, an Engineering Graduate and an SEO Analyst by profession. Writing on multiple topics and blogging is my passion. I’ve been writing on web from past two years and as of now am working for a Digital Marketing Firm. To Know more about me Follow me on Google+.