Credit card companies are providing credit card benefits like never before and this is the best time to make the most of them. One can enjoy so much more than a free domestic flight or some cash back. Here are ways in which one can get more points on the credit card and use it to the best advantage.
- It might seem like too much, but signing up for four to six cards a year can be really helpful. One can enjoy about 50,000 miles for signing up today and with platinum cards, it can go up to a lakh. That is incredible and imagines all the money one could end up saving by not having to buy flight tickets. That is a huge plus for frequent flyers.
- By lending money to someone in another country through credit card, through Kiva.org, with is an international microlender, one can stand to enjoy multiple points. In the same way, transferring money to a family member or to a friend through Amazon Payments, PayPal or Venmo through credit cards will also help you acquire points.
- Registering the card with iDine is one of the best things that one could do and one can enjoy miles and cash back while eating out. Get up to 15 miles or 155 cash back for every dollar spent and this is amazing as one can pile up on the points. Make sure you have enough credit card eligibility to get a card and then use it in these various outlets.
- It is important to segregate the spending if one wants to enjoy the bonuses to the full capacity. Some cards give extra miles, some free fuel, some dining rewards and some cash back. Having four to five cards and using them diligently will help you make the most of them.
- Bajaj Finserv brings you pre-approved offers for credit cards, personal loans, home loan and business loans. It simplifies the process of availing financing and also helps you save on time. All you have to do is share a few basic details and check out your pre-approved offer.
- One can get a lot of benefits by using shopping portals and experts discourage users from directly going to a store’s website. It is a good idea to check if the website is listed on the shopping portals of the bank, airline or hotel associated with the international credit card. Many retailers might ship straight to the store and one does not have to pay to ship as well if one uses the sites for purchase wisely.
- It is quite possible to get reimbursed manually from the flexible spending account. For example, if one is paying for the medical expenses out of a flexible spending account, then it are a good idea not to use the card they give you. Instead, pay for those expenses with the right rewards card and then manually file for reimbursement. It might be more time consuming but the points add up quickly.
- At times, it is a good idea to get creative with the cards and ask your staff or sitter whether they can be paid through American Express gift cards instead of cash or even through portals like Venmo, Amazon Payments or PayPal. That way one could stack up on points. Buying stuff for construction materials or paying for other large expenses through credit cards will also stack up points.
By using the card wisely, one can really stack up on the points and exchange them for big rewards.