‘A little knowledge is a dangerous thing,’ goes the popular saying,. Knowledge of the markets is a must before one decides to jump into medical marketing of products. An important aspect of effective medical marketing is the knowledge of some very important things related to physicians. This knowledge not only improves medical marketing as a whole, but also helps to establish a long term relationship with the physicians concerned to boost a health future for the coming products.
In this article we present to our readers 5 Things to know before marketing to physicians for better medical marketing of products.
1. Product Knowhow: This is probably the most important thing to have knowledge of before medical marketing of brands and products galore. An effective marketer should have knowledge of the products and their usage, dosage and effects. Before presenting a product to a physician, it is might important at the presenter is well acquainted with the product. Sincere knowledge goes a long way in a in establishing a product in the minds of the physicians.
2. Mood Survey: Before getting into promotion of products marketed by brands, the presented needs to gauge the moods of the physician. An angry person is not good for promotion. The smart presenter should first create an ambience where he develops healthy amicable relations with the physician for effectively advertising the product. Thus, the objectives and desired outcome of medical marketing cannot be realized without first knowing the mood quotient of the physician.
3. Gift Knowledge: The traditional medical marketing consisted of offering of gifts and goodies to physicians, to lure them into promoting products of a brand. But nowadays certain hospitals and healthcare have banned this practice. So, a good homework into whether or not to offer a gift to a physician; which otherwise may land both the offerer and the physician in awkward and untoward situation altogether.
4. Communication Skills: The presenter, assigned for medical marketing of products needs to be a good communicator. A smart communicator not only presents products smartly, but also can go the distance to offer value added services to the physicians to help them sort through a cluster of information galore and create a channel for helping the physicians to have clinical trials of products.
5. Online following: In his internet age, physicians are connected to others of the same fraternity vide channels of social networks. Discussion boards and forums constantly engage the best brains in the healthcare sector o share ideas related to new challenges. Keeping an eye on these can prove an ace move for medical marketing of products. This allows constant knowledge of the who’s-who in the physician world and also give a basic preliminary idea about the trends in the medical field.
So, good luck and Happy Presenting!!!!!